Once again, the NFL’s annual combine created serious hype and gave fans an inside look at football’s latest class of top prospects. While these players took to Indianapolis to showcase their skills on the turf for a few days, many have been fine-tuning their brands on social for months or more.
Kyler Murray set the tone. The former OU signal-caller turned his Twitter handle into a personal sports media mic, announcing the most anticipated news of the offseason to his rapidly growing online audience.
While Murray’s social presence was consistently established throughout the season, DK Metcalf’s brand seemed to blow up overnight. His top-flight Combine numbers and superhuman physique sparked unmatched postseason audience growth of over 185 thousand new followers — at a 460 percent growth rate.
Top NFL Draft prospects on social
Below is our analysis of the top 2019 NFL Draft prospects on social media. The ranking includes data for more than 400 draft-eligible athletes, measuring the activity, audience, engagement, and growth on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram from January 1,
Get the full report
- Will Grier — 821 thousand followers
- Kyler Murray — 547.1 thousand followers
- Dwayne Haskins — 298.1 thousand followers
- DK Metcalf —226.3 thousand followers
- Jalen Hurd — 214.5 thousand followers
- Kyler Murray — 1.13 million engagements
- Dwayne Haskins — 541.7 thousand engagements
- Mack Wilson — 421.4 thousand engagements
- Marquise Brown — 255.7 thousand engagements
- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson — 80.1 engagements
- DK Metcalf — 185.9 thousand followers
- Kyler Murray — 150.9 thousand followers
- Dwayne Haskins — 73.5 thousand followers
- Parris Campbell — 37 thousand followers
- Josh Jacobs —25.8 thousand followers