NFL players have gone all-in on video in 2018. Since the preseason kicked off on August 2nd, players have shared almost three thousand videos to their personal Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram channels, producing more than 140 million video views.
No player has embraced this athlete-driven revolution more than JuJu Smith-Schuster. With help from Team JuJu — a close-knit squad that helps him capture, curate, and produce premium content — JuJu has shared more than sixty videos to social since the preseason began. Those videos have earned an NFL-leading 21 million views and helped build his audience by over 400 thousand followers in less than three months.
While JuJu is the trailblazer, players from Odell Beckham Jr. to Marquette King aren’t far behind. Athletes across the league are embracing their opportunity and positioning themselves as one-man media companies, primed to take advantage of the athlete-driven future of sports content.
The NFL’s top player publishers
Below is a breakdown of the NFL’s most prolific video publishers on social. We show the video activity, views, and top posts from August 2, 2018, to October 16, 2018.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster — 64 video posts
- Russell Wilson — 57 video posts
- Antonio Brown — 38 video posts
- Von Miller — 38 video posts
- Marquette King — 36 video posts
- JuJu Smith-Schuster — 21 million views
- Odell Beckham Jr — 17.3 million views
- Tom Brady — 12.7 million views
- Antonio Brown — 9.6 million views
- Russell Wilson — 5 million views
Top athlete-driven video posts
1. Odell beckham Jr | 1.8 Million views
2. Tom Brady | 1.76 Million views
3. Tom Brady | 1.72 Million views
4. JujU smith-schuster | 1.62 Million views
5. tom brady | 1.4 Million views